Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Gotcha Day, DeeDee

One year ago today, I brought home a new little girlie.  After losing our Berry 5 ½ months prior, Schemie needed a friend.
And I needed another fiend.

One year ago today, little DeeBug took a trip from Carmel, IN.  Her last ever transport.  She left USA Defenders of Greyhounds, not knowing where she was going next.


Last stop would be my home.  With another black dog and a very intriguing kitty.


 
I’ve posted before about this, but her next race was to have been Ebro-hellhole.  I am beyond thrilled her trainer turned her over.  He didn’t want her there.

So instead of running in any more races, she was bound for a home where she could walk with her new brother and momma.  And she could race around the yard.  And she could sleep on whatever surface fancied her.  And apparently did.


Happy Gotcha Day, baby girl.  I am so lucky to have you in my life!

I love you, little Dee.  I am blessed, little one.  You make my heart sing.

No comments: