Sunday, March 10, 2013

Birthdays, No Longer A Thing To Dread


Tomorrow I turn the big double nickel.  55.  It has not come without pain or sadness.  And it came with such incredible joy and beauty.

I am so blessed to have these years and all these furry munchkins in my world.  And utter sadness that the two souls who knew me best are not here.

Life deals it, we deal with it.

It’s odd, though.  Most who know me best would be surprised, but years ago, one person told me to grow a backbone, because I was so malleable.  So eager to please.

Wow, what a long, strange trip it’s been, to steal a phrase from the Grateful Dead.

It seems I grew a backbone and in turn, pissed off some folks.  Ah well, in my world and in my life, they do not matter. 

Tomorrow I will be 55 glorious years of age.  While I miss the days of short shorts and being semi-hot, nothing can be better than this.
 
This freaking rocks!!

Thanks mama. You had no idea what you created, huh.  But I think you'd be proud.

Give my kids a kiss.



No comments: