Sunday, July 1, 2012

Amazing. G2K Lies Page


I’ll admit to popping out there to see what the chatter is.  That G2K Lies claptrap.

Lately, several posts touting live lure coursing, “nice catch”, they say.  I wish I could post a link to what was posted, but the best I can do is a link to the nonsense.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/270389341681/

In what way is this remotely good sport?  Well done?  So sad and tragic.

Then, there is the B. something-or-other, bemoaning the closing of Raynham.  Her words “I'd vowed to myself that I would be there to watch our last race. It wasn't my night to work, so I put on my "out in public" clothes and went up into the Grandstand. I'd been so familiar with the place, mostly empty but for the few regulars who came every week to play and visit and watch the dogs run. Knowledgeable folks, and mostly very friendly. (Hey, you get jerks everywhere) I thought I'd walk on up there and find them easily. “

Mostly empty.  Telling words.  Dying industry.

I’m certain it was traumatic, but if you place your livelihood on a dog, for whatever reason, you get what you deserve.  Too many have suffered for your “livelihood”.
Cry me a river later.

2 comments:

LindaVB said...

Super. Just super.

Val said...

Well said, Nancy.


Greyhound racing is cruel and inhumane. Greyhounds endure lives of nearly constant confinement, kept in cages barely large enough for them to stand up or turn around. While racing, many dogs suffer and die from injuries including broken legs, paralysis, and cardiac arrest. And many greyhounds are euthanized every year, as the number retired from racing exceeds the number of adoptive homes.

At racetracks across the country, greyhounds endure lives of confinement. According to industry statements, greyhounds are generally confined in their cages for approximately 20 hours per day. They live inside warehouse-style kennels in stacked cages that are barely large enough to stand up or turn around. Generally, shredded paper or carpet remnants are used as bedding.

An undercover video recently released by GREY2K USA shows the conditions in which these gentle dogs are forced to live: http://www.grey2kusa.org/azVideo.html

For more information on injuries these dogs suffer, please view:

http://www.grey2kusa.org/azInjuries.html

http://www.grey2kusa.org/eNEWS/G2K-022811Email.html

Dogs play an important role in our lives and deserve to be protected from industries and individuals that do them harm.

V Wolf Board Member, GREY2K USA